• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redtop June 9th

Dave S

OK guys. Here it is. There seemed to be some common ground on where and when we should go. So let's tentatively set this ride up for June 9th for Redtop.

We'll gather at the trailhead in Isle by 9 a.m. and leave by 9:30 a.m.

If you can make it great, if not, we'll try to get something set up later on this summer to accomodate those riders. Post if you can make it and how many people you plan on bringing with. I have to do some checking and will post later with a definite number.

DS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure I will be there. I dont know how many will be going yet if I do go, I will get back to you on that one.

Is any one else bringing kids along? I havent said anything to my daughter yet. She would love to go, but Im sure she would nt want to be the only kid.

You said earlier that the trail was 35 miles long, is that one way, or round trip?

And is there stops along the way for taking a break that we would be making?

My club is at the moment planning a ride that same day, but it's not set in stone yet. If we don't do the club ride, we would have three coming along with one being my daughter who is 12 years old. I will keep you posted as to whether or not we will be coming.

Thanks for the replies.

The total trail would be approximately 35 miles if we rode everything. There are a couple areas that we can stop to take a break such as the sink hole if anyone wants to play in the mud. One way or the other, I plan on making it.

I have at least one co-worker who has to fend for himself that day so he said he might make it, plus there are a couple other people I know that might want to ride along as well.

A rough count looks as if we can expect at least 12 people.

I will be driving a Toyota 4-Runner with a red Honda Rincon in tow.

Went there today. It was cold and dry, but not too dusty. Just a little on the short stretch of what looked like crushed concrete. We had a group of guys waiting for us (it seemed). They had no coats, no helmets, and looked like they were nothing but trouble, so we passed, and they followed. It was just her and I, so anyways, we went a different direction and just stayed on the soo line.

Anyways, does anyone follow the rules??? The gates were still closed, but you could see a permanent path around the gate and the extra fencing they put up.

The weather said it would be 68 today, so we dressed accordingly, but it only got to 48. Being cold and miserable, I did not get any pictures or video to show the ride conditions.

I am looking forward to the group ride on the 9th. I want to know if anyone is bringing wive's, GF's or kids. If anyone else is, I will bring the GF along with me. She drives a little slower, (getting much better though grin.gif) so I don't want to be the only one holding up the group.

According to the DNR site, Redtop was supposed to open by May 15th. Obviously this isn't the case. I will try to contact the trail administrator in the days prior to the ride to see if everything is open at Redtop.

Quote:

I want to know if anyone is bringing wive's, GF's or kids. If anyone else is, I will bring the GF along with me. She drives a little slower, (getting much better though
grin.gif
) so I don't want to be the only one holding up the group.

No worries about holding up a group. We rode Spider Lake on Saturday and Redtop on Sunday and had new drivers with us on both days. If I go my girlfriend will be with on her machine.

RedTop is a little slow on opening the gates but it is open. Trails are in good condition eccept it was a little dusty on Sunday outside of the Ten Bruin area. There were very few people out because of the cold weather... it was great for riding once you got off of the soo-line. There was only one spot with "mud" one of our guys got his stuck up to the headlight. Other than that it was all water, no mud, even the water was scarce. Really dusty.

Thanks for the reports guys. Lookig forward to riding on the Ten Bruin again. The first time I rode the TB, there were a few logs that provided some fun log jumping. But that was back in the day of the SP500. Now I have the Rincon and had to see how it compares so I went to an area that had some logs down. Needless to say, I'm impressed.

lep,

I have myself, my daughter and a friend, and his son. So I have 4 including myself. I may have more, but havent really asked anyone.

I can haul 6-7 wheelers in my trailer, but I can only haul 4 people in my truck comfortably. If you need your wheeler hauled let me know.

Quote:

lep,

I have myself, my daughter and a friend, and his son. So I have 4 including myself. I may have more, but havent really asked anyone.

I can haul 6-7 wheelers in my trailer, but I can only haul 4 people in my truck comfortably. If you need your wheeler hauled let me know.

Is your trailer steel or aluminum. I can tow up to about 6K lbs and fit 5 people in the Toyota.

lep,

My trailer is a 26' enclosed, and about 7ft tall inside. It pulls like a parachute. I dont think the actual weight of the trailer is the biggest issue, its the wind drag. I pull it with a f150, my truck doesnt like it very much, but its all I have, and it seems to do all right. If you want to put the toyota to the test, I would be willing to ride along and pitch in half the gas.

I was hoping my brother was going, he would have pulled it with his diesel, but he had to work.

that would be pushing it for the weight limitations. I've only got a V6 so that would be stressed to the max trying to tow a rig that size. If it was an open flat bed, it would be a different story.