• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Wood Anemone" (pics)

Wife and I really like the 2nd one too.

I'm not a flower dude,but i snapped this while birding this weekend. I have no idea what it is,but we are filthy with them in the woods. Not trying to hijack the thread,but I'm sure Jonny can I.D. it for me [and make me look stupid grin.gif]

IMG_1955.jpg

certainly is a columbine.... another great image of one at that..you did good MM grin.gif.I have yet to see one in this neck of the woods...little early yet... they'll be out soon though...and ..no...your're certainly not hijacking the thread..all of natures images are certainly welcome grin.gif...lets see more!...I'm a nature buff as most can see..just enjoy watching the forest and it's inhabitants may it be wildlife or plant life evolve and do the seasonal changes...spring,summer,then...we don't want to discuss winter yet grin.gif...I noticed the nodding trilliums are almost ready to bud(another unique wild flower) and within a few days,more images to show grin.gif

Nice flowers, everybody. The wood anemone and marsh marigolds up here will be done flowering soon. Saw some columbines and clintonia (blue bead lily) budding yesterday, as well as open flowers on nodding trillium, Canada mayflower, starflower, sasparilla and yellow and purple violets.

Looks like I'm all jammed up for time until at least Friday afternoon, but I'll be hoping to photograph all these flowers this weekend.

Here are some lupine and columbine from last year. It was the first weekend of June.

riotous.jpg

lupinebig.jpg

columbine.jpg