• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spider lake trails

jtm

Heard the dnr is going to open some new trails in the foothills this weekend. Has anybody heard? Or does anyone Know how to find out. Went to the dnr site and could not find anything.

I have heard that before also. Not sure where to get info. This is the stuff ATVAM should have on their site, but it never gets updated. The main page has pictures from 5 years ago.

I got an email about it, and here it is.

Minnesota DNR is conducting a forest classification review regarding motor vehicle use for the West Central Group of State Forests. Proposed designations of forest roads and trails, and Areas with Limitations on Off-trail and Non-designated Trail Use, are also being considered.

The West Central Group - South Unit includes Huntersville, Lyons, Smoky Hills, and Two Inlets State Forests and scattered forest lands in Clay, Douglas, Otter Tail, Pope, Todd, and Wadena Counties.

You provided DNR with comments earlier in the West Central planning process. This email is to alert you that DNR's public review and comment period for the West Central Forest - South Unit begins on Monday, May 14, 2007. Public review documentation, including the Draft Plan and forest maps, will be available starting May 14 at DNR's HSOforum at the following link:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/input/mgmtplans/ohv/designation/status.html

Scroll down the webpage to the West Central - South Unit row in order to access relevant information.

The public review/comment period for the West Central - South Unit ends on August 1, 2007.

The West Central Group - North Unit includes the Mississippi Headwaters and White Earth State Forests, and scattered forest lands in Becker, Beltrami, Clearwater, and Mahnomen Counties. Planning is still underway for the North Unit. You will receive a similar email alert when the documentation for the North Unit becomes available.

I see a "powerline trail" loop proposal for the north end of Spider for 2008 but couldn't see anything for this year,am I missing something? Would sure be nice to have enough trail there to fill a days ride.