• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nikon D50 Lens ??

My better half dropped our camera at the airport the other day, on the way to vacation. The camera is fine, but the lens filter broke, sparing the glass in the lens itself. It is a 28-80 mm and it has some difficulty turning to adjust the zoom. Is this a lost cause? Or can it be fixed and for how much? Looking at getting a replacement, excepting the broken lens, I have a 70x300 mm telephoto. Looking for a good all around lens for taking closeups/family photos/boat-fishing photos. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Our camera shop went out of business where I live. Do you guys have any trustworthy web sites for ordering lenses? I am going to assume the lens I have now is not repairable, or if it is, it would be as cheap to purchase a new lens. Need it for Canada...two weeks.

prov, there are any number of reputable camera dealers who sell online. We can't post links here to commercial sites except those of sponsors and staff.

The one I rely on, and have for the past three years, is Canoga camera. String it together and put the dubyas in front and other stuff in back and you'll get there. Other excellent sources are Adorama and B&H.