• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for h20 proof camera case for slr camera.

Guys I need help. I am looking for a nice waterproof hard case for my Digital SLR. I saw one a camera shop once and they no longer carry it. Does anyone know of a good one or were to buy one?

Not wuite what I am looking for. What I am looking for is just a nice plastic waterproof box to keep my camera dry and hopefully a little shock resitant in the boat. I spend more time in my boat that I do in my car so in order to bring the good camera I need ot protect it.

I misread your post Paul, case not housing. jimalm has the best idea on Pelican cases. They make a ton of them I can't imagine you won't find one that fits the size you want. They are probably the best around.

I did a quick search and found the Pelican 1200 fits a DSLR and standard kit lens to a tee! Good luck with the search and post back with what you end up finding.

You can't beat the pelican case. You can get them either with the foam you can pluck out or with padded dividers. I prefer the padded dividers because you can change the size and shape of the "openings" in seconds. Sometimes you may want to travel with the camera and lenses separated while other times you may want to leave a lens attached to the camera. I think it just allows you greater flexibility. A good place to look for them is B&H photo/video. They have all the colors and have resonable prices.

Just in time, my new B&H catalog arrived last night, I will check there. After lots of research I think everyones recomenation of the pelican is the best way to go.