• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 Gophers opt for NBA

Scott M

"There were certainly a couple of surprise names on this year's list that was released by the NBA on Thursday.

That's because the same list that included Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Corey Brewer and Mike Conley Jr. also included Gophers seniors-to-be Dan Coleman and Spencer Tollackson.

That's not a misprint.

Tollackson and Coleman were among the 83 players -- 58 college players and 25 international players --who are officially early-entry candidates for the June 28 draft."

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! WOW, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. THESE GUYS COULDN'T PLAY IN THE WNBA. Dan "Charmin Soft" Coleman and Spencer "Dumb Fouls and Efense because I don't have any D" Tollackson in the NBA? That'll be the day. I guess even Kevin Burleson tried a few years back and he's in the D League. Who knows, maybe they could make the CBA.

BTW both players are expected to withdraw their names and neither is hiring an agent.

They might get their names out there but they aren't going anywhere. It would take a monster of a senior season to generate any interest.

The reason these guys did this is becuase Tubby Smith encourages seniors to declare themselves for the draft to help get their names out there for the next year after their senior season when they will actually be in the draft. Doing this helps teams get to know the players, as well the players are able to workout in tryouts with NBA teams which is a great development tool. The players get feed back on what skills they need to work on and it helps motivate them for a great senior year since they got a small taste of the what the NBA is. After they go through the workouts they just simply pull themselves out of the draft and go back to school like normal.

Sounds like a good coaching strategy to me, nothing DUMB about it.

The only place these guys have a remote chance of playing is europe. They both basically suck, plain and simple. If I were them I would be concentrating on the books!

I think they are concentrating on having the best Senior year possible. Not just so they can go to the NBA but also so they can help the Gophers get back to respectability. And going through some NBA workouts can only help their skills grow so what the harm?

I'd never heard of that strategy before, that does actually make sense. If too many guys start doing it you'd think they'd cut it off, but then again I suppose the league likes to get an early opportunity to try them out themselves. I still think they have no NBA futures, but if it will help them be better college players, & that's their intent, it's not a bad plan.