• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota Terrova?

eyebjim

I've used one a little. Nothing wrong with it but not overly impressed with it, and so far I prefer the foot pedal on the Powerdrive over the Terrova.

That seems to be the concensus that I'm hearing.

How fast is the turning response on the new terrova? I have a cable drive now, and I really like the heel toe steering, and the instant feed back to the steering. I know that the terrova has heel toe, and have heard that the steering response is quite fast.

Stow and deploy is easier than the Powerdrive, steering response is quicker than the Powerdrive ...... but I didn't think there was that much difference in either (I've never had problems stowing or deploying a Powerdrive, some people claim to have problems with it).

I had a learning experience last night with my Terrova, and it had to do with the stow and deploy. When you are traveling on the road or on the water make sure the shaft collar is slid down on the shaft and TIGHTENED up (per owners manual)so if the motor should happen to jump out of its cradle from failing to possibly latch down it will not bottom out or go into the water. IMO the new shafts are not as durable as the old PD or Auto pilots. I do like the motor and I think the new designed foot pedal is the cats arse.

Quote:

I had a learning experience last night with my Terrova, and it had to do with the stow and deploy. When you are traveling on the road or on the water make sure the shaft collar is slid down on the shaft and TIGHTENED up (per owners manual)so if the motor should happen to jump out of its cradle from failing to possibly latch down it will not bottom out or go into the water. IMO the new shafts are not as durable as the old PD or Auto pilots. I do like the motor and I think the new designed foot pedal is the cats arse.

I learned this the hard way also. It is kind of hard on the motor when deployed at 60mph down the highway. After a lecture Minnkota repaired the unit on their dime, next time it's on me I was told.