• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger or Stratos

dstrey

I am looking at the Ranger Reatta and the Stratos 486 sf. Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on either of these boats and what you like/dislike about them. Thanks

Ranger's have better fit & finish, a bit more sleek of a boat. The Stratos has their battery storage under the consoles....not good IMO....not good at all. The Stratos, however, is less expensive. Other than that, the boats are pretty similar I believe.

I have the Stratos SF486 and the batteries under the console are kind of a hassle in the fall when I remove them. I looked at the Ranger before I made the descision but it came down to $$ and the Stratos made up there for any thing it didn't have that the Ranger did otherwise pretty close to the same boat.

Fishman40

There is a thread of posts on another walleye site where three separate people are having hull separation problems with their Ranger Reatta's. I'm not sure of all the conditions or the specific year models, but 3 of the same boats with the same problems would make me want to do some research on the issue. ....Just a heads-up. It may be limited to older models. Do some homework before you decide. They are both very nice rigs otherwise.

I purchased a Ranger Reata 1850 this spring and, so far, I love it although the hull separation comment makes me a little nervous. I also looked at the 486 and everyone I spoke to said if you can afford it go with the Ranger. The boat works great for fishing and has a bunch of applications (ski pole, windshield, flip seats) to work great for my family. I added a kicker and electronics to the bow and back and everything lays out very well. I have also had to call Ranger with some quetions and their customer service is great.