• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgeon Tips

Troy,

I was fishing off the bottom with a red circle hook baited with a dead shiner and crawler, aka the McSurf and Turf deluxe. We were just anchored in the middle of the river in the middle of the day when it hit.

No, Leech and I were not fishing together, just a lucky boat!

Yes, just a lucky boat.

We were fishing in the Rainy River as well, just anchored out towards the middle in a deep run. We actually had doubles on. We had a 53" and the 65" on at the same time! With two guys in a small boat with doubles, the boat can become destroyed in a quick hurry. The fish wrapped around each other and got tangled in the anchor rope. Somehow we got them both in the boat. We we using crawlers and minnows as well.

Better late than never. These are from last weekend.

My first sturgeon - a cute 39"! I'm no longer a sturgeon virgin!

isaacsturg39ot5.jpg

Big fish of the day, a healthy 54". Biggest fish I've ever caught!

isaacsturg54pj3.jpg

[image]Sturgeon_Excursion_2007_103.jpg[/image]

Here is mine and they are all different fish, A couple of them went 47 and 49 lbs. Largest was 53.5 and 49lbs the fattest went 49 inches and 47 lbs.