• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suzuki Opinions?

bkft

Hey All,

I just bought a new boat (grin.gif) with a Suzuki 140HP 4-Stroke OB. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this motor. I've never owned a Suzuki, and don't know anyone else who has, so I'm depending on you folks! You can listen to the dealers talk 'til their blue about how great and reliable the motor is, but I'd rather hear from some people who actually use them year-in/year-out. Thanks in advance!

-John

Very good motors. I have the same one in a Johnson. Johnsons were made by Suzuki so instead of being black they are white. I have been very happy with mine. They are greaded a little lower more of a high thrust so you need to use a heavy pitched prop I think mine is lie a 23 or something compaired to a merc. that would probably be around 19. It has good hole shot with this set up. It might be a little slower on the top end. Mine max speed is 45 MPH on a prov that it is on. But I have been very happy with mine so far.

BK - I was in your shoes not that long ago and I really enjoyed reading the positive reviews about the motor before I made my purchase. I have the 90hp and could not be happier. Powerful, smooth, and sips gas. Enjoy!

DB