• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

digital camera purchase

Are you looking at needing the speed of focus from a digital SLR, or are you looking at a higher end point-and-shoot? Do you need a lot of zoom?

We need to know exactly what kind of pictures you're hoping to take before we can give input on which setup might be best.

We are looking for a good quality, higher end point and shoot. We take alot of fishing pictures and family pictures both indoor and out. It should be fairly user friendly. Also, an easy docking/printing system.

Also looking for a video camera for around the same price. If you have any input on that it would be great.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks!!!!

I've seen some awesome photos taken with the Canon S3 IS and I just purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ7. I believe they are both 6 mp and boast 12X zoom lens. They are both very versatile and both have good reviews. I found a better deal on the Panasonic but both can be had for around $300 - $325. They also both have image stabilization. It's amazing what you can get now for $300 compared to just 5 years ago.

I've also seen some incredible photos on another forum, taken with an Olympus sp-510. This camera is 7.1 mp.

I started odd with a SONY severl years ago and although I now have other stuff I STILL have that SONY. Great lens and bombproof body. Easy image transfer. They are a little larger than the teeny-tiny little midget cameras but they will last longer. And you will be AMAZED at the images you capture. Check into the SONY DSC-line. Heck, even get a good used one on hsolist! grin.gif

I just sold my Sony with all accessories, on hsolist. Mine was the MVC95 that used floppy discs. It took good photos but this one used floppy discs and would take near 5 seconds just to write the photo to the disc. The lag time was driving me nuts. But like I said, it did a nice job.