• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha Kodiak 450

slotlimit

I just baught a 2003 Honda Foreman. I had an add in the paper saying I was looking for an ATV. I got a call from a guy tonight saying he had a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak that works great it's just that the reverse doesn't work. He wants $400. What would it cost me to have this fixed? Is it a major problem? Now that I'm not in the market but maybe I could make a dollar on it or would it be by the time I'm done fixing it there goes the profit. Thanks for your help in advance.

For $400, I'd say can you give me the guys number? grin.gif. I'd buy it if that's really all thats wrong with it. If you meant $4,000; I would personally stay away from it because IMO it would cost more to fix it than it's probably worth, especially since you already have the foreman.

I will hook you up if I decide not to take it. It might cost you a 12 pack though. smile.gif Just kidding! I sure wish someone knew what it might cost me to fix this thing. I will be tring to get a hold of the guy tonight.

Thanks slot,

My daughter would be truly excited if she got this, although if you had the time knowledge, and money to repair this yourself, I would if I were you! Not that I would want to talk you into not letting me get it! It would be to hard to diagnose this concern without driving it and some tear down to truly give an estimate. I am assuming the worst is wrong otherwise he would have gotten it fixed himself. If your talking a bunch of new gears in the tranny, it can be spendy and time consuming, and alot of special tools needed.

Since it was $400, I would get over to his house w/ $400 as soon as I could. As for the "if that's all thats wrong with it". I was meaning that if the reverse gear is damaged, it may just be a matter of time before it starts destroying the rest of the gear box, but even if it is, I doubt you would have to spend more than $1,000 to replace the whole tranny, which would still make it a great value in my opinion. I say go for it.

4wanderingeyes,

Sorry to make you daughter sad but the deal fell through. I called the guy tonight and he decided to keep it and try and fix it himself. Which is understandable. He did however say he will call me if he decides to sell it in the future. I too had my hopes up but I guess that's life. thanks for all the replies to everyone.

I would have felt the same way except he had his son call me. I personally think he saw my add and thought, "Hey I've got a 4 Wheeler taking up space, that's broke, getting something for it is better then it rotting away". Then he saw the Grand Kids on it the other night and said a what the heck it still goes forward so I'll let them drive it tell it doesn't move any more. Then he'll give me a call. My grandpa was the same way. He'd buy something for us kids to play with then give it away when we didn't use it anymore.

That would have been a good deal, its to bad it didnt pan out, although Im sure his grandchildren are happy he didnt. But he may have just bought them a new one then. Im sure there is a deal out there for me somewhere.