• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Carp Yet

Was out on the Zumbro North of Rochester. Chummed with sweet corn, used Corn with a no. 8, fished the bottom. 2 hours of fishing - one common carp, little over a pound. Will try Mayowood Pond Tuesday and probably Thursday.

I caught my first ever today on Minnetonka looking for crappies. Caught it on a little tiny crappie jig and bobber and 6 pound test. Measured in at just over 29 inches long. I like the fight it had in it, I just might have to targer them more often. grin.gif

Out in my area there in as of yesterday lots of huge ones! the water is yet murky but it will clear soon,The notherns are in too their spawning,crapies will be here soon.I dont fish em here,I'm waiting for May 1st.

ULP-wLF-r8YqyKQWojXShDMwVPv6whhn0300.jpg

Above is a couple we got today on the Rum River. Between three guys and about 2 hours, we got well over twenty fish. I think these are red horse. We did get a couple white sucker's. It was a blast. My buddy kept these choise few, because he is planting some tree's this week. He drop's one in the hole, when he plant his tree's. It seem's to work.

VfOyZ2xlp0IAVIyAttlKYiM2e3eGdgVt0300.jpg

Above is one my boy got yesterday. It was colder, but we had fun. I think we are going back down on Sunday. I can not wait, the 21st is going to be our first run to pool two for large cat's. I am hoping for a big one! Good Luck!

I fished the Otter Tail today and managed to catch a few on the fly.

carph2odm2.jpg

carphp7.jpg

One fish that I caught got turned around in the current and headed down stream. Flows were really high this morning, running about 1300 cfs. It felt like I snagged a log. My 9 wt was bent nearly in half, I though it was gonna break. I finally just horsed the be-jesus out of the rod to turn the fish around. After pulling like a mad man, I finally got the fish within range, and discovered it was a carp. I was not surprised.

One note to self though is to keep the hand out of the way of the reel handle when a carp is running. The knuckle on my pinky got rapped pretty good this morning, ouch!

Deadhead that pic of yours looks like either a white sucker or redhorse to me, note the slim body and large head. Still a nice catch. The carp are definitely biting. Caught two out of a nearby creek on dough balls, they're also going in the river.

I heard of this topic brought up in past. I wonder what he said to get the (contact us please) thing to pop up. Was it a double "mm" at end? I would try it, but if you do something that you know is against rules you can be reprimanded. I do not think reprimands look good if a person would ever want to become a pro-staff or advisor. I am sure they can track you history and see if any violations have occurred on your account. Someday I would like to be an advisor, if possible.