• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Fish/Ski Boats

nk45

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a new or slightly used fish/ski aluminum boat this year. I'm looking at a 17-18.5 foot range with a motor big enough to pull a grown man water skiing. Any suggestions? What do you like and why? I primarily fish walleye or panfish with the kids. Thanks for you help!

a freind of mine has a crestliner sportfish 18 footer. It fishes three really good and we ski and tube behind it. The only thing is my buddy said he would do differently is to get the 150 instead of the 115. So I would keeo that in mind. The ranger mirage also looks like a nice rig. Good Luck, Kid

Thanks guys. I went to the Mpls Sports Show last weekend and was overwhelmed at all the brands and options. I was told to even upgrade from the 115 to the 150 Optimax or 4-Stroke.

Don't underpower your boat, every time you take it out you'll be wishing you spend the money for the right size motor. I agree with 150 hp. A 2 stroke will give you more hole shot than a 4 stroke and a DFI 2 stroke will be just as fuel efficient as a 4 stroke.