• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sony cybershot DSC-S90

I recently inherited a Sony DSC-S90 from the inlaws. They gave us the camera only. There wasn't any usb wires or startup disks, or directions. I have found the user manual online and purchased the camera cradle which has a usb jack on the bottoms and the wires that will connect the cradle to the computer and to the tv.

My computer does not recognize the the camera when it is plugged into the usb port. Do I need to come up with the startup disk? or can I find the startup info in the web somewhere? Or could it be something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

sjb

SJB,

It will need drivers for Windows to recognize it. Should be able to find them on line at the Sony site. The other option, better in my opinion, is to just get a card reader for less than $20 and just insert the memory from the camera into it and read your photos from that. No need to have the camera hooked to the computer! Hope that helps.

Dan

I second the card reader; get a multi-card reader. I have one that reads about 12 different types of cards and is coming in useful now that I have a new camcorder that also takes stills and has a different card than my P+S. Plus if for any reason you may need to upload pix to someone else’s computer (or someone else’s pix to your computer) you don't have to worry about it; all computers recognize card readers.

TRITC

Maybe you'll be lucky like me. The other day I was plugging in my USB connector to my Desktop PC. It was rather dark and I had to get right down there to see the input. To my surprise I noticed another port that said.....SD Card!