• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beauties & The Beast

Hey, I like all of those a lot. Great detail in the tight shots of the beaver, and the swan portraits are quite elegant.

But I like that first one best because it tells a cool story.

A question. Did you use post processing to create the vignetting around the edges (dark corners) in the first image? It is the only one of the group to show the vignetting.

If you did not, it looks like your lens may be prone to it at certain focal lengths. Some zooms do that toward their longest and shortest focal ranges but are OK toward the middle.

What lens are you shooting, and what focal length was it set at for that first one?

I know quite a few shooters who add vignetting in post processing because they like the look.

Steve I did crop and auto contrast the first photo I use a simple software program (Picasa), it was still real foggy at that time and the photo was too fuzzy . I just have a 12X opitcal camera and I am sure I had the lens all the way out which would be like 400mm I think.

Thanks for the comments.

Awesome pictures. I love when a person posts great shots such as these, that were taken with a point and shoot. It proves you don't need a $1000 plus camera to take good photos.

What kind of camera were these taken with? I just ordered a Panasonic dmc-fz7 with a 12X optical zoom. This will replace my Sony Mavica. The Sony was a good camera but there was a wait of about 5 seconds between shots. It took that long to write to the disk. That caused a lot of missed shots and took the fun out of photography. This Panasonic will shoot 3/fps.

Keep posting photos like those.

Thanks all. X-Tackleman the camera I have is a Canon S3 IS I have had it for 3 months now I used to have just a 3X optical. This one makes a big difference for me, I know that the high end equipment would do a better job especially in the right hands but for what I want to do now this one is great I can get decent shots of wildlife that were not possible for me before. I did use a tripod on most these shots, based on what I heard on this forum I had to try it and the tripod makes a bigger difference than I ever thought it could.