• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KingQuad EFI Pull Starting

swedishpimple

I am hearing mixed reviews about pull starting the KingQuad. Somebody on hear said it was like the Suzuki Baterry-less EFI in Arctic Cat sleds.

I have not found this to be the case. I had a bad connection and dead battery. There was no way I could get it running with the pull rope. Yes...I am big enough and strong enough to pull it over for you jerks out there.

I was chatting with the dealer's mechanic and he siad you need some "juice" to pull start it. I found this to be case with my buddies last winter. If the battery had a little power you could pull start it. If it was completely dead you were walking home.

I suppose I could read the owners manual...but it is more fun to fight it out on here.

Sticking with a carb isn't a good alternative. I have carb machines. A 650 and 750 vtwin motors and I wouldn't want to have to pull start them if they were cold. Anything bigger than a 500, just make sure the battery is good before you go. I am thinking of getting some small jumper cables just for emergencies.

I have heard some people gripe about Polaris not having a pull start on their 700 and 800 machines, but I don't think you could pull it over anyhow with the parallel firing twin.

AC's 700 efi is a suzuki 700 efi. I don't think there is anything different with the motor. The only thing I have heard of different is the air box, as far as the motor goes.

I have pull started my grizzly just to try it, you can do it, luckily mine starts easy, so it only took one good hard pull, but if it kicked back, I think you would be hurtin!

I guess if you just carried some cables and had your flasher battery or another atv battery you would be fine for a back up. I guess I never really would want to rely on the rope but sure is nice to know you have an emergecy option.