• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late season plow question

GotOne

I just measured mine. It is 44" wide and with the wheels turned it is about 49" wide. I can get a 50" for a pretty good deal what do you think? Another thought, you push the snow atraight to pile it up...otherwise you angle the blade and push the snow to one side. So is 50" close enough?

If you have a machine that wide and turn the 50" plow you will continue to drive over and pack the snow with your one tire. I plow with a 60" blade while angled 90-95% of the time. I only plow straight to move piles back or some clean up. The 60" blade is the only way to go in my opinion.

KIRCH

I have a 48" or 50" or whatever size it is and I dont have any problems with running over the snow or anything like that.

However I would still get the 60"er depending on what you are going to plow. I have sidewalks to plow and the smaller plow that I have is just the right thing for them.

If I werent plowing the narrow sidewalks I would get a 60" plow too if for no other reasons than the fact that you can push that much more snow at a time and for the added weight on the plow. The weight comes in handy sometimes to keep the plow down near the concrete where it belongs.

I only have a 400, so I was wondering if a 60" is too much plow. I do plan on getting another soon (if my wife lets me) laugh.gif. Just kidding...more like when I feel like getting in a argument/fight for a little while before she gives in. My son needs mine and daddy needs a new one. It's a bonding thing-at least that my story and I'm sticking to it. laugh.gif