• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eastern Bluebird and Merganser images

Nice work, MM. I like them both. There's so small a portion of white on the bluebird in the first place, and it's not in a key spot for my eye, that a little blowout won't harm it a bit, and you had bright sun to contend with. There's also still significant detail in the white portions.

And the merganser is a very nice environmental portrait.

Quote:

BTW, what kind of camera do you use?

Thanks for the kind words. I use a Canon 30D. Both these shots were with my 70-300 lens. I was shooting off my tripod and found out real fast that it won't support the 28-300! so i used my lighter zoom.

Jimalm,there are lots of Blueboyds around here and most are heading north,so it won't be long! grin.gif

We went out and checked the marsh today and there was a beautiful supply of waterfowl,Pintails,Shovelers,Teal,Baldpate,and Canvasbacks + the usuals. Many Sandhill cranes also.

MM, I use a Monfrotto 724B digi for my go-to tripod. Handles the 100-400L IS and body with total ease, is very strong and not heavy. I think its total weight capability rating is 8 lb (don't remember exactly). It has an integral ballhead so you don't have to buy a separate head. Great, strong, versatile deal for about $100 when you can add it to the list.