• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Odd sign when scouting??

To scratch my itch so to speak I went for a walk/scout/shed hunt yesterday. I found a great spot. Its a thicket on the saddle portion of 2 hills that come together. theres a powerline running paralell to the west and a frozen pond to the east. While lookign around I found a monster set of deer tracks about three inches wide with huge dew claws in the mud and snow. they were relitively fresh. I followed the tracks into the thicket past several old rubs and found 2-3 bigger sized beds. at the junction of three trails it was solid deer dump. I couldnt see the trail only the pellets. there must have been a thousand of them in a 3 foot patch of trail. What does everyone make of this?? I found a single bed about four feet to the left and my thought was that the buck was lying there and crapped in the same spot?? confused.gif The tracks and the rubs/ general setup of the spot really turned me on crazy.gifgrin.gif but I dont think Ive ever seen that much dump in such a tiny spot....any thoughts??

sounds to me you have found the core area of a mature buck. the only question would be how big .study it now , then stay out of there so you don't spook him more than you have ! then decide wether you want to hunt him or not.