• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which digital camera to buy??

My digital Camera died on me on our trip last week. I am now in the market for a new digital camera. More the point and shoot kind. I want something that can zoom fairly well with great image quality. I am looking at the Panasonic TZ1. Any recommendations from experience out there? Thanks.

I would recommend (and own as a primary and now it is a backup as a point and shoot) the Cannon Powershot A5xx/A6xx series. I own the A630 8mp and am pleased with it for what it does.

I have used a Cannon S3 IS 6MG 12X Optical for about 3 months now, don't have a lot of experience but am getting some shots I like with it and have even posted a few lately.

$400 before memory card and extra batteries.

Before you buy check out the SONY digitals. I have totally enjoyed the dependability and construction integrity of mine. I have used a DSC-S85 for FOUR years without a hiccup and have played with more recent models too. If you are looking at a DSLR don't buy until you check out the Nikon D50. Don't be fooled by the newer D40....D50 is the TRUCK you want to lug around. It appears this is pretty much a Canon dominated Forum, and thats okay -of course Canon has been making good cameras for a long time. I would take my time because there are a lot of good things out there!! smile.gif

As far as a point and shoot style that you can carry anywhere I would check out the Nikon Coolpix lineup. I've got an L1. They are very reasonably priced and are good quality. Ours is a 6.2MP with 5x optical zoom which is pretty high for an P&S style camera. I posted a few pics 6-7pages back and I love my camera. Fits nicely in a pocket or watertight container.