• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sidney Crosby

Double D

There is not a lot of NHL talk on here, but I see he got 100 points for the season already last night.

Is this the second coming of the Great Gretzky? Personally I don't think he will keep up the pace to break all of Gretzky's records, but he will for records at the beginning of a career or records by a certain age.

Your thoughts please.

DD

There is potential for him to scratch the itch of a few of those records but I don't know if the physical play of what the game is now will allow him to do what Gretzky was able to do. Mario Lemieux had the last legitimate chance to shatter every Gretzky record out there until health problems got the best of him.

Crosby is amazing and has a chance to break some records but noway is he going to get 200+ points in a season...I think he may play longer than Gretzky did and they may attribute to record chances....But the players are inches and pounds larger than what they were in the 80s.

not only are the players bigger and faster now, the goaltending is also at a much higher level. if you look at some old gretzky footage you will see what I mean. Crosby is the modern day gretzky.