• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its been a few years.We camped on the islands mainly on the east side of the flowage.Not sure why,we just ended up there.Several good sites to choose from.As with other boat to campsites,the best go fast so plan accordingly.We waited till after labor day for less crowd.The one downer was having gas siphoned(sp)out of our truck one night back at the landing.A DNR person at the landing said we were not the only ones ripped off.No damage,just missing gas.I'd like to get back out there again.Great place in the fall.Have fun.

I try to get up there for at least one if not 2 camping trips each year. Like was already said, it can be tough to get one of the free sites the closer to the weekend it gets. There are also a few sites on the south east part that are available to reserve through the LCO band in Hayward. I think theres a nominal fee involved. If your driving from a distance it may be worth looking into so you know you have a guaranteed site.

Also, I have parked at the Hay Creek landing for up to 5 days and not had problems, but I dont doubt it happens especially as gas gets higher priced. You can also pay to launch at Hermans and then pay a small fee to park there if your worried about leaving your truck/trailer unattended. I'm sure some of the other resorts offer similar service.

That said it is one of the best trips I go on. You can almost feel like your off on your own, yet still boat to several resorts to get a good meal and a cold drink!