• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muds Comming Boys

swedishpimple

This is all my fault. So to all of you who are only guilty of tearing up your own private property please forgive me for ever trying to add a freindly reminder not to tear up ditches and private/state land. I sincerly oppologize for ever hurting your fragil feelings and insinuating that you would ever tear up a single blade of grass on someone elses property. Unfortunately, as you may not be old enough or mature enough to realize, at some point, that very thing has been done by people who thought "yeah, look at the mud" so now none of us are allowed on trails, in ditches or on most state land because obviously ALL atv owners just want to destroy things by tearing and rutting it up.

I wasn't trying to pizz anyone off, I wansn't bad mouthing anyone here, just trying to offer a little reminder. If you think I was bashing you or trying to be negative, you obviously have never met me and never been on my bad side. So please, wipe the tears, blow your nose, Man up, and just take it as a freindly reminder as it was intended.

Quote:

At the risk of sounding like an azz, I must say that I hope any "mud" you plan on tearing thru with your wheelers is on your own private property and not state or county or other private land. When folks seek out mud and tear up the trails it makes landowners very angry and usually results in closed trails.

This was indeed a simple and somewhat harmless reminder...............But, perhaps if we want more information, I.E. location of riding, private or public land, etc. we could just ask.

A lot of people take a holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to atv's. It is a very volitile subject as there are many people on this site who are very much on one side of the fence or the other regarding this issue.

I even resisted opening this post when it was first posted because I KNEW this was going to be the result of such a post. But I screwed up and opened it anyway.

Yes, there are a lot of bad ATV riders, just as there are a lot of bad hunters, fishermen, etc. But there are also a lot of good ones and I think that the good greatly outnumber the bad as far as members of this site. Therefore I think we should give members here the benefit of the doubt. If something of poor judgement is blatently stated then I am all for jumping on that person and educating them. Just make sure that the person you are educating needs the education. In the original post, I would have assumed the author was talking about private land until I found out otherwise. A few simple questions could have cleared this up.

I don't mean to rant, I just don't want to have to be so politically correct that I have to make sure I am thinking of every thing when I make a post. grin.gif