• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Teachers With Humor Out There?

eyepatrol

The elephant is pretty funny, but Find X is the best and technically correct. I teach software to adults and it's a dump shoot from day to day on what you will run into. Thanks for the humor.

Basscatcher, I've never seen anything funnier !!!!

So...these are our geniuses, hih ??? We are doomed !!!

I can't quit laughing at "find the X"

Yeah, my dad and I rolled at those things, especially the "Find X". Heck, they're all pretty darn funny, including the graph one and the elephant one. grin.gif

There were a few more in the list, but they can't be posted. wink.gif

Yeah, I had a few calc problems that looked about like that back when I was in college. Funny thing is....my work on it would take up nearly a whole page and when the test came back, the instructor would write the answer and it only took a couple lines of integrating. confused.gifblush.giftongue.gif

That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Being a math major in college, I wish I was that creative back then. Can't fault them for creativity!!!!

On a similar note, I caught this on another site. Don't know if they are actually true, but funny non-the-less.

NO PARENT LEFT BEHIND

I promise you cannot read these and not laugh out loud

These are REAL notes written by PARENTS in a Tennessee school district (Knoxville).

(Spellings have been left intact.)

1-- MY SON IS UNDER A DOCTOR'S CARE AND SHOULD NOT TAKE PE TODAY. PLEASE EXECUTE HIM.

2-- PLEASE EXKUCE LISA FOR BEING ABSENT SHE WAS SICK AND I HAD HER SHOT

3-- DEAR SCHOOL: PLEASE ECSC's JOHN BEING ABSENT ON JAN 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 AND ALSO 33.

4-- PLEASE EXCUSE GLORIA FROM JIM TODAY. SHE IS ADMINISTRATING.

5-- PLEASE EXCUSE ROLAND FROM P.E. FOR A FEW DAYS. YESTERDAY HE FELL OUT OF A TREE AND MISPLACED HIS HIP.

6-- JOHN HAS BEEN ABSENT BECAUSE HE HAD TWO TEETH TAKEN OUT OF HIS FACE.

7-- CARLOS WAS ABSENT YESTERDAY BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYING FOOTBALL. HE WAS HURT IN THE GROWING PART.

8-- MEGAN COULD NOT COME TO SCHOOL TODAY BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN BOTHERED BY VERY CLOSE VEINS.

9-- CHRIS WILL NOT BE IN SCHOOL CUS HE HAS AN ACRE IN HIS SIDE.

10-- PLEASE EXCUSE RAY FRIDAY FROM SCHOOL HE HAS VERY LOOSE VOWELS.

11-- PLEASE EXCUSE PEDRO FROM BEING ABSENT YESTERDAY. HE HAD (DIAHRE, DYREA, DIREATHE), THE SH**S. NOTE: [WORDS IN ( )'s WERE CROSSED OUT. (Love it!)

12-- PLEASE EXCUSE TOMMY FOR BEING ABSENT YESTERDAY. HE HAD DIARRHEA, AND HIS BOOTS LEAK.

13-- IRVING WAS ABSENT YESTERDAY BECAUSE HE MISSED HIS BUST.

14-- PLEASE EXCUSE JIMMY FOR BEING. IT WAS HIS FATHER'S FAULT. {You know, this could be legit!}

15-- I KEPT BILLIE HOME BECAUSE SHE HAD TO GO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING BECAUSE DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE SHE WEAR.

16-- PLEASE EXCUSE JENNIFER FOR MISSING SCHOOLYESTERDAY WE FORGOT TO GET THE SUNDAY PAPER

OFF THE PORCH, AND WHEN WE FOUND IT MONDAY. WE THOUGHT IT WAS SUNDAY.>

17-- MY DAUGHTER WAS ABSENT YESTERDAY BECAUSE SHE WAS TIRED. SHE SPENT A WEEKEND WITH THE MARINES. {I absolutely LOVE that one!}

18-- PLEASE EXCUSE JASON FOR BEING ABSENT YESTERDAY. HE HAD A COLD AND COULD NOT BREED WELL.

19-- PLEASE EXCUSE MARY FOR BEING ABSENT YESTERDAY. SHE WAS IN BED WITH GRAMPS.

20-- GLORIA WAS ABSENT YESTERDAY AS SHE WAS HAVING A GANGOVER.

21-- PLEASE EXCUSE BRENDA. SHE HAS BEEN SICK AND UNDER THE DOCTOR.

22-- MARYANN WAS ABSENT DECEMBER 11-16, BECAUSE SHE HAD A FEVER, SORETHROAT, HEADACHE AND UPSET STOMACH. HER SISTER WAS ALSO SICK, FEVER AN SORE THROAT, HER BROTHER HAD A LOW GRADE FEVER AND ACHED ALL OVER. I WASN'T THE BEST EITHER SORE THROAT AND FEVER. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING GOING AROUND, HER FATHER EVEN GOT HOT LAST NIGHT.

One of my old bosses father was a teacher. Years ago, on the first day of class, he was looking at the class list, there were a set of twins in his class named Lemonjello and Orangejello. Yes, Orange Jello and Lemon Jello. He said when his dad came home from school that night, the whole family had a little chuckle out of it.

Quote:

Yeah, my dad and I
rolled
at those things, especially the "Find X". Heck, they're all pretty darn funny, including the graph one and the elephant one.
grin.gif

There were a few more in the list, but they can't be posted.
wink.gif

could i talk you into emailing them to me? gpbakken at gmail dot you-know-what...

thanks!