• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Generic Scent clothes??

Bassboy1645

Was at a mall sporting goods place last night and while "looking" at hunting gear i caved in a purchased a set of moisture wicking camo longjohns that are scentshiled or something like that?? Its not scentlok and its way cheaper. It was like 30 for the shirt and pants. Does this generic scentlok stuff work?? im gonna find out for sure next fall im guessing but anyone have any experiences they feel proves or disaproves the claim?? thanks!

The topic is always a point of debate every fall. Yes it works, but it can't replace a proper scent reduction regiment. In other words, don't plan on the clothes being your only way to cut scent. If you treat it like another part of scent elimination it will work. I don't use any of the carbon clothes and I've seen plenty of deer within 10yds.

Sounds like you found a great deal on hunting clothes. Go for it.

It doesnt hurt to have all the protection that you can have but you cannot get careless just because you are wearing it. Over the years I do believe that you can get away with much more with the doe's than you can with a mature buck.

My son and his buddies all see more mature bucks than I and they all go to every extreme to see them. I dont do nearly as much as they do and it shows in the number of deer at close range.

I would say got for it and do all the other things right and you will be better off for it.