• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinKota Terovia??

Try Too Fish

The reviews that I've read have been far from glowing...mostly due to the new foot pedal. I can't say that I'm real crazy about the new pedal design either and would probably go with a Power Drive if buying a new one just because of that.

I personally think the new pedal is better. But I was never much of a fan of the old one. But then again I have never used a Terovia either. I am sure it is with anything as you get used to it it would be better.

The next question would be: Is it $400 better?

I don't understand why they would have you rock your foot forward to turn left and backwards to go right. It doesn't make any sense. It won't fit in some boats if you have a boat that has the recess in the bow for the foot pedal either.

I've read that the Universal Sonar 2 is much better than the last version and you can get this on both the Terrova and Power Drive units.

Quote:

I don't understand why they would have you rock your foot forward to turn left and backwards to go right.

I'm not a cable drive type of guy, but isn't that how the cable drive trolling motors operate - rocking the foot forwards and backwards to change directions?

marine_man

Right from what I have seen it would be very similar to a cable steer motor. Now if it is worth $400 more no not to me either. I like the redesigned pedal though. Like I say the foot pedal from autopilots and powerdrives just don't fit my foot well. I tend to run the pedal by hand most of the time.