• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish trap guide users

Quackaddict9

I was wondering if some of you have the fish trap guide flip over portable ice house can give me some feedback on the house. I am looking at a Guide or Yukon, but the Yukon looks more comfortable and bigger while the Guide looks like it sits very low. I have sat in both of them but forgot. So feedbacks and thoughts on the Guide fish trap will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! happy fishing

You hit it on the head. If you have room and can afford a yukon, get that. I have a guide because its the biggest one that can fit in my truck. Being 6'-3" I cannot stand up straight in it. If you are 5'-6" or under it would be alright I believe.

Robert has it just right. For two guys, the guide works but it is a tight fit. I too bought the guide because at the time it was all I could fit in my truck. I always fish with a partner and we generally set up three lines in the house, two jiggin and one deadstick, with a minnow bucket, vex, sunflower, and the aqua vu all set up inside. It is nice but if you have the room in your truck and the money, get the yukon. Good luck and enjoy your time on the ice.

yep i agree with the previous 2. the guide is a good shack for fishing two, but with vexs, aqua views minnow bucket, heater, etc. it can get kind of tight...cant move around a lot. we fish with two lines down and a hole for the aqua view. works pretty good. my suggestion would be, if you think you will go out by yourself and have to pull it by hand, get the guide, but if most of your fishing is done by truck, get the yukon. it weighs about 30 lbs more, but it does have more room, and more headroom. i couldnt fit the yukon in my truck...i have small-box syndrome, and the guide fits...barely. cant go wrong with either. i know the yukons are on sale all over the place, and i had a heck of a time finding a guide in early january.

hope this helps, good luck

like others have said the guide is an excellent one man shack with the option of fishing two. If i were fishing two people most the time i would go w/ the yukon, but the light wieght of the guide fit what i was going to be using it for. Either way, both shacks are nice, it just depends on the room you will need.

one of the main reasons I got the guide was because my brother has one also, and we wanted to be able to link them together. Also, like everyone else is saying, it's the only one that fit in my truck. So maybe look what your buddies have because that link sure creates a lot of room. (would be nice to be able to stand up in the house though)

Im a big guy and I did alot of research on the Yukon/guide models before I bought. The biggest difference between the 2 is the yukon gives you 5" of width on the tub, 2" extra ice/length, and 10 inches of hieght. I ended up getting the yukon Im 6' and I still cannot stand straight up I have to cock my head a little but it is plenty comfy for 2, A little hard to get 4 8" holes and have room for a sunflower and a vex, but we make it work. After seeing my brother in law get the Voyager model, im kicking myself for not getting that one, looks monsterous compared to mine.