• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Condensation inside the Fish Trap...

CALVINIST

I bought a brand new Fish Trap Guide this year. It has the black, Ice Armor interior. My only problem I have with it is a large amount of condensation ice that accumilates on the inside during cold weather. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I assume you are using a heater that vents inside the house like a buddy heater or sunflower, etc. One of the by-products of burning fuel is water vapor. This water vapor is then condensing when it cools against the outside walls of the shelter. This is similar to the water that condenses on your beer can in the summer.

Bob

I think that depends on one's idea of a wrong direction. I don't know for sure but taking a guess I imagine they have made the material less pervious to air so it doesn't breath as well. The advantage would be less heat loss through the material so the heat would be held inside better.

Bob

Calvanist, I put the Reflectix aluminum bubble wrap in my Guide and now have no problems with condensation drip.

I agree with Polar Bear, I think the new material is a step in the wrong direction compared to the old material. The old material was thicker, which helped hold in more heat with less condensation buildup.

I also have the reflectix, the stuff is great at keeping the heat around, but on those cold cold days, you might find yourself wondering what the hell is leaking, I found that the moisture still collects up on the tarp of the shelter and starts to heat up and pool ontop of the material and then it poors over the edge, Messed with my mind for about a half n hour before I finaly realized where it was coming from. grin.gif

ShawnnyB

I bought a scout this year and also use a buddy heater. The condensation is a minor issue as I just towel off above my head. I just appreciate the relief from bucket fishing!!! or waiting for my brother to be able to get out of the house to use his two man.