• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery life expectancy.

Valv

I have 2 Makita 12v NiMbatteries that had plenty of use now they won't hold charge anymore. I need replacement but they are $ 65.00 a piece for Makita brand. Are the BatteriesPlus models worth the difference or are they a lesser battery ?

Also which is best, keep one on the charger all the times while the other is on tool or keep the all off and recharge them depending on usage ?

Quote:

I have 2 Makita 12v NiMbatteries that had plenty of use now they won't hold charge anymore. I need replacement but they are $ 65.00 a piece for Makita brand. Are the BatteriesPlus models worth the difference or are they a lesser battery ?

Also which is best, keep one on the charger all the times while the other is on tool or keep the all off and recharge them depending on usage ?

If you take a battery into batteries plus to have the cells replaced, it won't be the same battery that it was before. The cells that batteries plus uses are a lesser amp hour, which in turn provides a shorter runtime. Buy the new one. Look on hsolist, you can find them cheap. The best thing for the batteries is to charge them as soon as you start to lose performance. Usually it won't hurt to leave the battery on the charger, it depends on which charger you have. It may shut off or it might not. It depends on how old and what model it is. You should charge them up and put them away. Keep in mind that it will drain the battery a little bit if you leave it on the tool.

I was looking on hsolist but it's tought to find some that are new and economic, the used ones are a ? since I don't know if they are weak (like mine) or not, the new ones cost same as at the store when you add shipping.

I might bite the bullet and buy them new locally.

I really hate do do this, I have a wonderful impact driver that I really like and don't want to spend $ 350 for it again.

This thing can snap off bolt heads if I am not careful.

I think if your not in the business buy corded tools.I was a carpenter I've got cordless tools that just sit cause I can run a cord and I'm not in a hurry!But I just bought 2 batteries for my porter cable 12 V drill motor cause its handy, to the cost of $120'00 I've got two corded DUH???

If you have the time to wait a little, wait for a Sunday paper with one those 17 to 20% off "anything that fits into this bag" sales at Menards or Home Depot. One store will take the others bag so you can find your best price and save a little more.

I worked for 7 corners Hardware TOOLS, lots of those name brand tools, Makita is one ,bought from home depo Menards etc.Are home owners models, got the name low price but no where the tool or model# you'd get at a dealer who caters to the trades! But I'd buy new batteries!!