• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fan

EatSleepFish

Permanent of portable? In my sleeper I bought two 12 volt fans for W-mart an a three hole plug in thingy an mounted them to the ceiling an bring along a 12 volt deep cycle an it really keeps the floor warm. You have to get a alligator cliped recepticle for the plug in thingy, its all available at wall mart but the fans are seasonal. Later boar

I use a 6" 12V fan that I purchased at NAPA, like the ones used on school busses. I wired it to a livewell timer so it only runs some of the time to save power. They are a bit more expensive then the computer fans but look nice and move a lot of air. IMG_0001.jpg

Probably the simplest solution for a portable shelter is a Coleman Tent Fan, costs about $12, almost noiseless, runs about 8 hours on a single "D" battery. The base of the fan contains a magnet... you put a removeable thin steel plate on the outside fabric of your shelter, then put the base of the fan on the inside of the fabric, and it stays there until you remove it.

I put mine in a corner, just under the roof, and angle it down towards the floor. Does a great job of gently moving the warmer air just under the roof down to just above the ice.

No matter what I do, I manage to hit the fan with my head or shoulders a dozen times a season. The soft plastic fan blades are harmless, but if you keep banging them in cold weather, cracks may develop. This year I bought two new fan blades from the Coleman spare parts HSOforum. The postage was twice as much as the two fan blades, but I'm set for a couple of years...

Good luck.