• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass in Hibbing?

8right

hello all, i'm making a trip to hibbing in may, and was wondering what the best lakes are there for bass fishing if any(?)Or just the best lakes there to fish in general, also if anyone knows a good place to mushroom hunt, I would surely appreciate any help on this, this will most likely be the only time I get to the hibbing area, thanks!

There is a lake between Keewatin and Nashwauk called Blue lake. 7 miles west of Hibbing. I'm not a bass fisherman but have buddys that fish it all the time. I believe it is an overflow mining pit. Lots of dead heads and shallow waters.

hey i will be second to say welcome. this is a great place to be when it is 20 below outside. There is a ton of stuff to learn in the pages of this great HSOforum. Sorry that i am cluless about hibbing area but welcome. ike

There are many good bass lakes in the Hibbing area. Not a real popular fish in this area. e-mail me at jpolcher at uslink dot net and I can give you a few ideas. i'm willing to share a few spots but don't wanna give em to everyone!! smile.gifsmile.gifcool.gif

Quote:

I'm not familiar with that area but make sure you're not fishing bass until the last weekend in May. I'd hate to have you get busted by the DNR. Hope you find something that works out.

Bass season is open North and East of Hwy 53 for us Northern MN bass fishermen. It opens the same as the general fishing opener. grin.gif Where is the Ely Lake Expert? I am sure he can help you out. His Ely Lake has a good population of both big and small bucket mouths.

Vermilion will be open for bass on the walleye opener, and is a phenomenal bass fishery. Last year, the last week of may was producing tremendous numbers of smallmouth and LM. If you would like to contact me, you are welcome to.

Doug