• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

English Pointers

CAJ

A freind of mine in Alabama, wants to give me a English pointer that will be born in early February. Would he be old enough to hunt by October. I have never had a pointer, so don't know if I should take on another dog. The price looks good. I have sen video's of them work. The parents of his dogs. What do you think. CAJ

The dog will be old enough to accompany you in the field, I wouldn't expect miracles with that young of a dog. Some pointing dogs come out of the womb trained, some take a season or two to really grasp the idea of what to do and how to handle game.

I am a big fan of pointers and my hunting has improved because of them. I've also been looking for some time now for a good English pointer. Would he happen to have any more coming for sale? I currently run a GSP and a lab together and have had great success on not loosing many birds. I hunted behind my first English in Kansas and really liked how they perform. Give me a shout back if he has any females left and maybe I can get in touch with him. Anyone else that has a line on English pointers please let me know.. SB

I have a pair of L/W males that I held onto from our fall breeding. They both are responding great to training. We will be selling these early summer after some more trianing. We are not breeding this spring due to a new kennel going up in April but will be breeding my female again this fall.