• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O Won't initialize/find current position

tunrevir

Question

I was up to Mille Lacs a couple weeks ago and shut off my h2o on the way home. Turned it on yesterday and it was "stuck" up on Mille Lacs and wouldn't lock on to my current position. I scrolled down and set a waypoint near where I was at on the lake and hit find and it still wouldn't lock in. Can't find the manual right now either. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Tunrevir~

5 answers to this question

You could try using the "initialize GPS" option to help it home in on your current location. I believe you select "initialize GPS" and then move the cursor using the arrow keys to close to where you are at and then hit enter. This will help it pinpoint your current location quicker rather than looking for the spot where it was turned off. Otherwise if you leave it turned on long enough it will eventually lock in to your position. Leaving it stationary helps too when it's searching.

Thanks guys for your responses, I ended up finding the manual and working through things. I was having trouble getting to the initialize page and didn't know how to get things restarted but luckily, I found the manual and was able to get things back online. I ended up going to the initialize screen after I had entered my home address. after a few short minutes the darn thing reformatted and I was again in business. I had it on for about 2 hours yesterday while I was on ice and it did not hook up. Normally it will initialize within about a minute or less so I was a bit confounded. Thanks for your input and support! Greatly appreciated!

Tunrevir~ smile.gif