• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King quads

DRH1175

I just test rode a King Quad today and WOW! I have ridden many I actually thought it rode better than the sportsmans I have been on. I hit packed Ice bumps, curb turned sharp etc... Smooth with very little body roll. It handled awesome and had Wow throttle response! I rode the 450. I quite honestly don't think it is worth the extra $800 for the 700. The EFI seems to have rocket throttle response. Anyone else rige this quad and have simular thoughts? Looking closely side by side to the sportsman I think it is the one to buy!

I haven't ridden the 450 but own the 700, and think it is the best bang for the $buck$ in it's class.Other than the smallish racks I really have no complaints.Definately buy the Suzuki over the polaris any day of the week! wink.gif

I do like the extra headlight on the 700 but am not sure if that power is really needed. Did anyone upgrade the tires. I was thinking of upgrading to and ITP that has a tad more tread thinking it may be beneficial to the quad. I was quoted $6800 for the 700 with nothing extra what kinda price did you all find. Also I was quoted 6000 for the 450. I like the racks on the Polaris's and hitch the best but it stops there. I like the Suzuki for everything else.

I've always liked the Yam Kodiaks/Grizzlys, but seeing them side by side with the KQs, I prefer the Suzuki for looks. The KQ looks better on the pricetag, too. wink.gif

Where did you go to test drive the KQ? I would love to test out the Suzuki, Yam, Polaris, and Hondas before buying.

I rode it in Maplewood at kline they have a nice little area to ride them at. I found better prices other places but they will give you an oppourtunity to try them out. I will be riding a yamaha 700 tonight if Tousley will let me.

I have had my King Quad 700 for a year now and I have nothing but good to say about it. We do a lot of trail riding and there now is 7 king quads that I ride with. I recommend Wild River Sports in Grantsburg also. I have purchased my last two quads from them and they are great to deal with, the mom & pop type dealer. Nobody could touch there price when I bought both my vinson and king.

Your old Vinson is running strong still to Johnsonator.My neighbor is the proud owner of it. I would recommend Wild River as well. Larsons and Wild river are good dealers that I would recommend checking out.They are both one of the best out there for price and service in my expierience.I've had such good luck with my King I haven't talked to Dick or Carol in over a year!

I ride a King Quad, way faster than my buddies 660 Griz...my buddy on his Polaris 700 thought he was cool too and wanted to race....I spotted him 40 yards and dusted him in a bad bad way.

The King Quad can handle snow like no other too, not sure on mud,,,,,cuz we never get any rain in Bemidji anymore.

One negative....my winch was drawing on the battery...pretty tuff to start the EFI with no juice. It is not like the Arctic Cat Sleds battery-less system. There is a pull rope, but if the battery is totally spent, you are not starting that machine.

Very very very sporty machine..and yes....get the 700

The Suzuki has a batteryless efi matter of fact they make the engine for the Artic cats! That is one big feature that puts the suzuki ahead of the polaris's after the 500 they eliminate pull rope. Apparenty Polaris has a feature where their batterys never go low or die. That is why they eliminate the rope.

Overall I have looked at them all. I actually like the arctic cats as well. Mostly for a few additional features. However the overall machine goes to the King Quad. Sure othermachines may have a few more options as far as racks etc... are concerned but the way the Kingquads are put together just wins over for me. One other feature I can't figure out why Polaris and articats are so heavy. All the others, Honda, yamaha, kawasaki, Suzuki are all under 606LBs where the Polaris are 728 - 900lbs? Why is that?

I bought a new king quad last year, love the maching, but if you don't start it every couple of weeks something in the machine will drain your battery they are not sure what it is. The dealer where I bought it at says, suzuki knows there is a problem and is working on a solution.

Quote:

Apparenty Polaris has a feature where their batterys never go low or die. That is why they eliminate the rope.

Even though I feel Polaris is a good machine, I beg to differ. I have two Sportsman EFI machines. When the battery's dead, it's dead. Can start with a jump but will not run the EFI without a good battery.

Dave, I was being sarcastic I was was getting at why they don't have rope for the 600, 700, & 800. I would look at them closer but being an icefisherman this is a big feature. I just figured with as many MN icefisherman that buy polaris's they should have had that feature on all of the quads they make.