• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Quad

DRH1175

Sorry, Hunting, fishing and Yard work. No mudding or anything like that. I want enough power to be happy but don't feel a 700 is needed. I also plan on putting tracks on for winter ice fishing. Polaris is a choice too however I feel the above listed have the best engines.

Yamaha is Smaller in stature than the Suzuki Kingquad, but is not fuel injected like the Suzuki and Honda.They all weight around the same with Honda being the lightest at a claimed 562 lbs. dry and the others around 600lbs.The Yamaha and Suzuki have IRS (independant rear suspension) which will ride alot better than the Honda. If your a bigger guy you will probably like the bigger body size of the Suzuki.The Suzuki and Yamaha also have a differential lock for the front end, which is a great feature to have when the going gets tough.The ground clearance on the Yamaha and Suzuki are superior to the honda as well with the IRS.I'd vote for the Yamaha, or Suzuki. Price and dealer would be the deal maker now. Good Luck!

If you are planning to put tracks on the machine, I would definately think about going with a machine with a larger engine. They add a considerable amount of weight, and take more HP to turn them. I would think anything in the 500-700 range would be a better choice with the tracks.

I just got done riding my Polaris 500HO with tracks. Top speed 50mph. It had all the power to go up hills and such but I would get all the power you can if you are putting tracks on your machine. I just feel I could use a little more power. Mainly for speed but I really don't need to go any faster. You can plow with the tracks on also. I wouldn't buy anything under a 500.

Of the three you list I would vote for the Yamaha. I bought the Kodiak after looking at the ones you are looking at. Yamaha has the best belt-driven transmission and reliablity is as good as a Honda.

I am a big guy and don't feel I am ever underpowered (but I do not use tracks).

What do the tracks run? I think I saw about $3400 is that right seems kinds steep but then again maybe I am off on this one. After reading a review last night I am going to look at the Suzuki, however the dealer I am going to also sells yamaha honda kawasaki ans ac so I will be hopefully be able to compare side by side