• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake zumbro bass

tanman

has anyone fished lake zumbro for bass i have trouble finding fish in the deeper spots in the lake... what depths are the fish at on those hot summer days? what do you use when they are way down deep like that? any help would be greatly appreatied

THANKS!

i fish lake zumbro alot in the summer because it is only 20 minutes from my house. I think lake zum is a very humbling body of water although there is 5 lb largies in there and even a hand ful of 6-7 lb small mouth have come out of there it is a very very humbling body of water. It fishes like a lake sometimes but it has some resivor characteristics that us from teh land of 10000 are not use too. Where are you from tan man. Do you ever fish the tuesday night tourneys out there. Maybe we have run into eachother.

ike

tan where are you fishing now and what is your approach? If you are secretive about your spots or info feel free to e-mail me. [YouNeedAuthorization]hotmail.com but i will say that most people are not spot stealers and that kinda stuff on here and you still got to catch them. So what are you trying out there now? ike

ike,

my name is tanner im 15...i fished the tourney twice last year with my best friend he lives on the zum(ryans bay)...we fished out of his pontoon you would remember us if you fished either of those two weekends. i hope to be a pro angler one day that is my goal in life! i get my drivers license this march so you can plan on seeing me out there every week in a charcoal javalin...i can find fish great if they are in sructuce but i have a hard time catching them on the dropoffs and flats i know the lake pretty well but i need to learn about deeper water... big_06_bass_bills_house.jpgm_1625bca45d996f498fec7703e76906ed.jpg

all of those fish were relesed fully alive and healthy ....just keept them for a quick picture

Tanner what i would love to do is get together with you next spring and hit it for a day. We could probably teach eachother some things. Like i said before the ol zum can be a humbling place but you can usually scratch a few. shoot me an e-mail sometime and we will do it (above). What are you doing with yourself during hard water? ike

right now im tryin to find some time to kill a few yotes but fishing wise i go thru the moutian of in-fisherman magazines and pick out all the bass articles read them and take notes in a notebook... scratch down ideas that i want to remember for spring (secret spots, lure ideas, places to use special lures and so on) but it iss killing me i cant wait to get back out there!

This is where this post may get hijacked to another topic but that is ok. They are looking at dredging the ol zum to make it the lake it once was because she has gotten silted in quite a bit in the south part of the lake. However the controversy comes in when people ask,"What are we going to do to keep it from becoming silted in for our grand kids" and there is some talk of toxins burried in the bottom and a concern for those being rereleased into the ecosystem. Basically it will make little sense to dredge it if we don't stop the silting in because we stick it to a couple of generations down to fix it then. ike