• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viewing Navionics Maps on PC

RedDB76

Question

Is there any way to view my Hot Maps premium 06 on my PC, other than buying the NavPlanner software?

I had heard that I could download the Lowrance emulator software, and the card would work - but no such luck. I did try an Eagle emulator as well (which you would think would be the same) the eagle actually will show my map files from the card, but when I select the right map, there is no data.

Can you view Lakemaster this way, or do you need MapCreate to do this?

Thanks,

Dan

7 answers to this question

Quote:

Is there any way to view my Hot Maps premium 06 on my PC, other than buying the NavPlanner software?

I had heard that I could download the Lowrance emulator software, and the card would work - but no such luck. I did try an Eagle emulator as well (which you would think would be the same) the eagle actually will show my map files from the card, but when I select the right map, there is no data.

Can you view Lakemaster this way, or do you need MapCreate to do this?

Thanks,

Dan

Lakemaster can be viewed with an Emulator and a card reader.

I have found the LCX 26 C Demo works best along with a LEI card reader, I have heard of non LEI card readers working but I have tried at least 10 SD card readers that did not work before ending up with a LEI card reader.

From what I remember the Nav chips are little tougher to get going.

I just tried the LCX-26, but same as the others. There are Navionics "sample" maps on each of the Lowrance emulators, and won't let me pull up my SD card.

I have a SD reader built in to my PC so not sure how that affects things.

Like I said you pretty much need the LEI Card reader that comes with Lowrance's Mapcreate program I tried about 10 card readers including the one built into my PC to no avail.

You can buy the LEI Card reader separately but they are a little spendy IMO.....

Bob for starters download LCX 26 C HD Emulator from Lowrance and then start looking for a LEI card reader.

Remember your card is not covered under warranty if you damage it by playing around or trying to copy it.

Red,

From what I remember with the emulators you need to drag the maps onto your PC in the LEI map directory for the emulator.....But I don't warrant this plan at all as they say not to, and I take no responsibility.

jpz -

I figured maybe I did need to copy the maps into the emulator directory....but....then I also figured this would be "copying" the maps, and I could lose them.

I really like the Navionics maps as they have more lakes that I fish than Lakemaster. Though, they are slow on my GPS. I was really hoping I could do some "prefishing" sitting at a nice large computer screen, and the computer may be faster....maybe this is all a pipe dream though.

Quote:

jpz -

I figured maybe I did need to copy the maps into the emulator directory....but....then I also figured this would be "copying" the maps, and I could lose them.

No you don't need to copy your Navionics card to your PC to view it you need the correct card reader.

You can try and copy your Navionics card to your PC but you run the risk of desroying your card.

You need to decide if looking at your Navionics card on your PC is worth the 34.95 the LEI card reader sells for.

Also remember all you can do is view the Map Data nothing else.