• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
leechpouter

Is it Legal???

I don't plan on doing this but thought to myself today as I passed open water under a bridge. Would it be legal to fish two lines in that open water since it's ice fishing season or does open water apply and only one line permitted??? Again not planning on it but was curious.

My guess would be only 1 line. I'd think it would be no different than fishing on shore on a lake that's 1/2 ice and 1/2 open water, or fishing from a boat in the same situation.

Two lines may be used "through" the ice only...So no that would not be acceptable.

What about.... If you put out a tipup on the ice portion and then walked over and shorefished by the open water? To take it even a step further, could you in theory have two tip-ups out on the ice and also be shorefishing the open water? In theory the regs say that "two lines may be used through the ice" and "one line may be used in open water". smile.gif

Who is to define what "through the ice" means. If there is ice on both side of the bridge and I fish in "open water", am I not really fishing through the ice? grin.gif

OK, just stumbled on here and the sequence of the conversation on this thread is starting to remind me of that old George Carlin bit:

If God is all-powerful, can he build a rock so big that he himself can't lift it?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Hello everyone... Garmin device is the best service for tracking map and all, but in this device some time issues faced by users like- installing, update issues etc for resolving this type issues we provide toll-free number 1-844-776-4699 this number free of cost for calling so don't worry you don't pay any charge for calling on this number. anyone wants to visit our official HSOforum for our satisfaction please take a view-  www.gps-map-updates.com  
    • Plz, share some more videos. 🙂
    • Bout dang time. 😎😀😀😎
    • Fun, looks like you had a great day. 🙂  Getting the itch but we have a few more weeks to wait here in Minnesota! 😔  Welcome to the forums.
    • Is it generally a good idea to use two treble hooks on a tip up setup?
    • Had some great luck getting into some fat Late fall trout. Hope you enjoy.   Late Fall Trout
    • vtx,   Thanks for the suggestion.
    • Minnesota Archery again. D season in Wisconsin. Hopefully taking my dad out if possible, he's 95 and not in great shape right now. Also have a women's mentored hunt later in May.  Not certain yet, but hoping to put a Nebraska hunt together.  Seeing WAY more than expected this fall what with the cold wet spring we had.
    • We were up fishing from last Thursday afternoon through Saturday evening. Fishing was great, lots of nice walleyes with a couple of fat 28" fish as the biggest and plenty of saugers. Fish bit all day with our best bite coming each day from about 2-315. Fish were somewhat sluggish from 11-1230 and had to be coaxed into biting or didn't bite at all but after 1230 most everything we marked bit. We were set up in 23-24', color didn't seem to matter although we tend to use gold more than most other colors on our spoons and we basically had every color tied on our set lines and they bit them all. There was about 3-4" of snow on the lake Thursday when we got there but it was a packed 1-2" by the time we left Saturday night. Some areas of rough ice but other areas are nice and smooth, generally about 14-16" of ice where we fished. Can't wait to get back up, good luck if you are going out!