• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
leechpouter

Is it Legal???

I don't plan on doing this but thought to myself today as I passed open water under a bridge. Would it be legal to fish two lines in that open water since it's ice fishing season or does open water apply and only one line permitted??? Again not planning on it but was curious.

My guess would be only 1 line. I'd think it would be no different than fishing on shore on a lake that's 1/2 ice and 1/2 open water, or fishing from a boat in the same situation.

Two lines may be used "through" the ice only...So no that would not be acceptable.

What about.... If you put out a tipup on the ice portion and then walked over and shorefished by the open water? To take it even a step further, could you in theory have two tip-ups out on the ice and also be shorefishing the open water? In theory the regs say that "two lines may be used through the ice" and "one line may be used in open water". smile.gif

Who is to define what "through the ice" means. If there is ice on both side of the bridge and I fish in "open water", am I not really fishing through the ice? grin.gif

OK, just stumbled on here and the sequence of the conversation on this thread is starting to remind me of that old George Carlin bit:

If God is all-powerful, can he build a rock so big that he himself can't lift it?