• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar ?

anchor man

Question

I have an older FL8 and have always noticed that the "blip" for my jig will disappear into the solid bottom color. I will then still be able to lower it another 10 inches or so until I can actually feel the jig hit the bottom. Is this just odler technology (without any zoom features), or is this a sign of it wearing out? It seems to happen in both soft and hard bottoms.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

92python, that's a great point, I do typically fish a lot of drops in 15+ fow, so that makes perfect sense that I'm picking up the shallow edge of the cone and jigging further down the slope. I'll pay closer attention the next time I'm on a flat bottom and see how it works.

thanks

Do not feel bad I have a Fl-18 and the jig went down 3 feet into the bottom, did not think that was right so I busted out the camera and I was fishing the top of a mud flat so I knew there was no drop off. It was a crack in the bottom of the lake maybe 4' wide and 3 feet deep that went on for 200 yards or so. Kinda cool grin.gif