• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
traveler

Interference from 2 older FL8's

I tried a search...I don't ice fish much, but went on a 3 day tour of Winni/Red?Mille lacs with a buddy over the weekend. He has an older (5+ yrs) FL8 and mine is about 4 yrs old (different models). Anyway, we fiddled with them and couldn't get them both to work right in the same house. I see there are all sorts of posts about interference in general; is it not possible to get these 2 older units to play nice? Not as much fun taking turns:( Thanks

Bottom content and depth will play a huge roll in how well the 2 units will play together. And also why the newer units have some sort IR on them so that they can as you say it. "Play nice"... Things you can do.. the further apart you get them the better. Every little bit helps. Turn your power/gain down as low as you can and still have it be affective. Pull your tranceducer up so that its right at the bottom of the ice or even 1/2" up into the hole.. not any more though.

And thats about all you can do.

If working with the IR button doesn't seem to work, we usually try having one guy turn off the IR altogether by pushing down the gain button once.....usually fixes the problem.

Every year me and 2 friends take a 3 day trip to lake of the woods. All three of us have flashers... for a while it was 3 vexilars. After some adjustment (notably the IR button, but putting your transducer 1/2" below the ice or sometimes just above the ice) we could always get all 3 to read good enough to see the bottom clearly. It wasn't pretty, but you could read at the very minimum the bottom 8 feet or so, if not more.

Now the other two have marcum's (one LX-3 & one LX-5) and I have a vexilar. Again, after some adjusting, we all are able to fish while using our flashers.

What typically works the best with two flashers is to turn IR off on one and adjust the other one (by repeatedly pushing the IR button) until you're both happy.

marine_man

Marineman is right on. The procedure from Vex is to have the person with the older model turn off their IR and adjust from there.

I was fishing with a guy this past weekend and my vex is 1 yr old and his is an older Genz setup. The only way we were able to get the two to "play nice" is by turning off his IR and adjusting it from mine. It can be done.

Thanks guys...we tried some of that but didn't spend much time on it cause we weren't sure what to try and we were too busy pulling in lots of big fish. Well, half thats true:) We'll try more next time out...my brother has an f18; how well will that work? Same fixes?

Yep.. same fixes.. pretty much for all brands too.. you've got to try lots of different things to make them work, but so far I haven't run into a time when I couldn't (although I haven't had a chance with a VX-1 yet)

marine_man