• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Shoveller in January!

A semi rare site for Minnesota in January, I was happy to get this duck as well as some nice sunlight on Sunday morning.

Here he is reflecting on the watery ice.

shovellerreflectingonicxb2.jpg

shovolleruponice2ga2.jpg

I still have to post process alot more shots of this guy so I may end up adding more pics here.

Buzzsaw,

Great picture!! I really enjoy Northern Shovs, I think it is great looking duck. Very pretty coloring. I am really looking forward to your other Shov. pictures, please keep them coming. BTW, were did you see it?

Thanks, and I don't care to post exact locations on sites (any of them) as it may encouarge more people to go by and "spook" this guy away. I hope you understand and can continue to appreciate the pictures.... I will tell you this much however... I do spend alot of time in the MN River Valley.

Thanks for understanding airdriver. wink.gif

Tom, thanks and yes they are cropped, but not too much. Unfortunately the entire reflection of the duck wasn't showing in the photo or I may have down an upright shot as well. laugh.gif

No problem,keeping your spots to your self is one aspect I can understand, being a fellow waterfowler. I have read and enjoyed your pics on the waterfowling section of this web site. After you post your other pics of the shovs, if I find one I like,can I use one as my wallpaper? I have one of shovs from the net, but nothing like your photos.

Ive shot about 300 of em out in california. Spoonies have a distinct smell to em, thats for sure.

Easy to spot a spoony flyin'. They are the ones, when you call, that break off and come right into the decoys while the mallards keep on going! Not the smartest birds.