• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3rd Annual Pheasant Fest

Des Moines,Iowa will be host of this years 3rd Annual National Pheasant Fest held at the Iowa Event Center on January 19,20 and 21st.

Sponsored by Iowa chapter's of Pheasants Forever.

It is the country's largest event for upland hunters, sport dog owners and people interested in wildlife habitate.

The show consist of leading manufacturers, product reps, puppies, dog trainers, outdoor shops, firearm dealers, top taxidermist, woodcarvers, hunting trailers, boats, campers, RV's and much more.

More info on this event can be found at www.nationalpheasantfest.org

Sounds like a good way to beat the cold for a day and pick-up that new toy I needed. cool.gif

Farmer

The son and I are planning on being there Saturday and maybe Sunday. If we can't be out chasing them anymore might as well start getting ready for next year. I'm sure there will be some new toy that I just can't live without. Maybe another dog? Can't have enough of those.

i plan on stopping in friday night for a few hours. this is my first time. what are you guys' favorites at this event? i really dont know where to go when i go to a big event like this. whenever i get out to the truck my brothers are all like, "hey did you see that booth with........", seems like i miss the big one every year.

nip

THis will be our first pheasant fest also. I know that we'll spend alot of time in bird dog alley. Supposed to be around 30 breeders and kennels there. Do a goole search on pheasant fest. They have the vendors and seminars listed along with the floor plan so maybe you can plan your evening that way.

Reddog: I don't have any one real toy I'm looking for, but with little effort, I'm sure that I could find one. grin.gifgrin.gif

Here's a link to the vendors and daily programs going on for this weekend's event. www.pheasantsforever.org/events/fest/attractions.php

Sounds like they have some top notch companies and pro's in their own field, lined up to attend.

Farmer

i am going to head down tonight so i can go ice fishing tommorow before the snow hits, i heard we are supposed to get 3-4 inches. i guess to kick this thing off they are having some dog march through the skywalk, this should be real cool. i will post what i saw and what i thought was the coolest.

nip

i ended up going down last night and got a heck of a deal on a couple of knives. they were selling boyt knives with a hardwood handle, stainless steel blades with gut hook and partially serrerated with a leather sheath. they were fixed blade. so i decided i was going to buy one and they had a few sitting out so i was going to buy the one that was sitting out but then i decided i would open another box and see what the other handles looked like. and to my suprise there were two in the box. so i went to checkout and told the lady what i had and she just looked on her price sheet and rang it up. they were 20 bucks so i got 2 for 20 bucks total instead of 40. they were regularly 60 and are selling for 60 on the internet at the boyt site but they had a special for the event. these were at the boyt booth by the winchester guns and they have a bunch of gun cases around the edge so look for it and get yourself a couple.

nip