• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How was everyones bird hunting this year?

always fun to watch the dog work for ya its half the fun. It started off good for us we limited out both days on opener with 8 guys! and stayed great for the next 3 weeks or so and slowy got worse and worse. birds were there just got alot smarter jumpin early did not want to seem to hold for anything. the warm odd winter was bad for hunting but if the rest of it stays some what good and no big rains in the spring look out next year should be a grear year for us!!!

Our year was about average. Our group ended up just short of 50 birds. I have to agree that it was just to warm most of the time. Our ground has alot of dense cover and when it's not cold the birds just don't stay in it. I think the wind was also a factor this fall. Makes the birds spooky and doen't help the dogs at all. With a mild winter and hopefully a dry and mild spring things should be good next year.

I had an above average year here in central Iowa. I hunted with my field bred english springer spaniel and he did a great job for only being 8 months old. The season started very tough with all the standing corn, but I managed to bag 37 roosters in Iowa this year myself. I agree that the weather was unusual as we did not have any snow until January 14. We had some good hunts, but from Christmas on was very tough. I did manage a limit on my last time out that would have only been 2 birds were it not for a 300 yard cripple recovery by my pup.