• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boiled Northern Pike

Just a quick way I enjoy Northern Pike especially ones caught through the Ice. All I do is get water to a boil, I cut my Northern fillets in pieces ( a little bigger than bite size) and than I put them into the boiling water. The fillets will sink but very soon they will turn a beautiful white and start floating. In another pan have hot melted butter with garlic salt ready. As soon as the northern pieces start floating they will be done, It only takes a minute. Take the pieces out and dip in the garlic butter. Colse your eyes and I bet you will think it is LOBSTER. I have done this for many many years and we call it POOR MANS LOBSTER. I promise you with a steak and a boiled northern it doesn't get any better. Enjoy