• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broken Handle on Auger

mjhowe

Question

Have a Strikemaster Mag2000 with the "Zytel" handle system. Anyone have any experience with repairing this material? Its broken right at the base of the engine, where it begins. Regular old epoxy? Drill it and pin it? Other type of Adhesive?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

For a ""temporary"" repair I would just use some good epoxy,make sure you really rough up the surface along the sides of the handles for a couple of inches either side of the break then maybe put a heat lamp on the repair till its cured then give it an extra day. but before you start call strikemaster in Big Lake Minn, they could probably have you a new one in less time than it takes to cure epoxy grin.gifand for about as much as youre gonna spend in time and materials

Oh, I know Strikemaster will make it right...And the fact that it will only break when I am in the boonies with no other option has convinced me to get a new handle.

I NOTICED it was broken when the throttle started sticking as I was drilling a hole...I was pulling it out of the hole and trying to hit the kill switch...I dropped it on the "ice"...actually about 10" of slush and water I was standing in/on. Im really not sure if it broke while drilling, thus the sticky throttle...or when I dropped it. I cant believe landing in that soft soft snow and slush would have broken it...