• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Ice Conditions - Done for now

Jeremy airjer W

Thankyou again to everyone who participated!!!

Your help was appreciated! Unfortuneately the participation/enthusiasm has worn off so I have decided to end this post. IMO it was a good trial run and I hope to give it a try again next year.

Quote:

Thankyou again to everyone who participated!!!

Your help was appreciated! Unfortuneately the participation/enthusiasm has worn off so I have decided to end this post. IMO it was a good trial run and I hope to give it a try again next year.

Yeah... Thanks... I personally kept an eye on it, and found it handy...

Might I also suggest say around the end of Feb that you do it again, so that way people can post up the coming of Ice-out, and any dangerous ice conditions.

I agree, this thread was very useful. In fact it was the first thing I looked for each visit. But this year has been so unusual it's tough to make a call on ice thickness anywhere. There are even safety issues in Voyageurs National Park!

http://wcco.com/local/local_story_004141341.html

I wanted to make reports but the lakes I've been to where 1/3 open on one side and six inches thick on the other. I had no clue what to report. When I saw the map with the giant question mark I thought it was an abundance of confusion rather than a lack of reports. blush.gif

I might give the late ice thing a try. I had originally intended to do that anyway.

Sorry bass I may have to pass the torch on stats this year. However I probably won't miss the opportunity to be the 07 FM Fantasy Nascar Champion!!