• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

underwater camera (What is the Best bang for your Buck)

stork

Hey Guy's,

I am looking at underwater camera's and I no there are several out there but I need the pro's and con's of them and what feature you like or dislike about the one you have seen or used. I used one recently that was several years old and I no they are much better now. I had a blast with it so which one to buy? is my ? Thanks in advance

There are a lot out there that make a decent product. 2 companies I think make the best. Aqua-Vu and MarCum. Those 2 companies seem to be head and shoulders above the others. From there it really depends on what you want as far as features. Do you wnat night lights, do you want temp, do you want to know which way the camera is pointing? Ect ect!!!

For me, I went with the Aqua-Vu Scout XL and have been more than pleased.

I have an Aqua Vu Scout 2 and absolutely love it. I haven't discovered any Con's with this model. If you fish in more than 50 feet of water then there isn't enough Cord on the Scout 2 (which has 50 feet of cord).

I have the Aqua-Vu SV-100. It shows temp and camera direction. I really like the camera direction feature. It helps me locate my jig and if i see some structure or fish in the background i know what direction to move my shanty. Water temp is nice but I don't pay as much attention to it as I should. Aqua-Vu also has a model that has a depth feature. I felt that the extra 100 bucks for it wasn't worth it besides I have a Vexliar so I can see where my camera and fish are if I need to. I have never seen or used a Marcum camera but I read alot about them before I bought my Aqua-Vu. I think I would have liked either one. They both have great features. The reason I got a Aqua-vu was because the local bait shop had one on sale. The reason why I would have bought a Marcum was because of the camera turning feature. Since then I have bought a MO-POD for my Aqua-Vu. It has a remote control so I can turn my camera 350 degrees from 100 feet away. If money is a concern i would go buy a Aqua-Vu Scout. I have friends that have them and really like them and there cheaper. wink.gif

I have the aqua view zt, last week bought a 15 dollar tripod for it, absolutely love it. Took my wife out this afternoon and she had a blast. I put the camera down a hole next to my dead stick hole. We had pike coming in on camera all afternoon, sniffing around the big fatheads on a a blood red hook. Good times.. smile.gif

I'd recommend not going cheap and bite the bullet and purchase a Marcum VS560, they are amazing. I've fished with both Aqua vu and Marcum, and Marcum for me is the only way to go. The biggest difference you will notice is the clarity of the pictures, especially at low light conditions.

Good luck!

No matter what you decide on you will have a blast with one, I know I do!

I have the Atlantis SportsCam Underwater Camera System which is basically in the same category as the scout and other entry level cameras.

The only thing different with the Atlantis is it comes with a kick (Contact Us Please) case!

Check it out!

I got the aqua vu scout and i am really happy with it. I watched for the first time the other day an 18" walleye come in and hit my jig. I got an aqua cam for christmas and you couldnt turn the lights off so it was junk.

Tracey

It always takes me awhile to figure it all out and to determine what is the best one for my needs all of your post's are very helpfull. Does anyone no if the color of your camera lights matter if they are red or white or on top etc.