• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cheap n easy light

HGS 24

i bought a 20 watt halogen work light 12v that comes with 20 ft of cord and plugs into cig light for roadside emergencies. 2 wires so i cut off the plug and 2 gator clips later it hangs from my ceiling of my trap and runs off the vex bat. the head suivels and best part it was 6.99. I have used it 10 times this year and could not be any easier

bigbart

with the vex on and with the light on I can run at least 6 hrs before the idicater light reads low on the vex. I picked up the light at menards and i also use my headlamp if i need to shutoff the light or tear down my house. it also really charges glow jigs well being its halogen. if you charge your vex every time you come in there should be no problem

I have one also, but I must stress for length of use stay with the 20 watt bulb as the higher wattage really burn battery life. I also was looking at the LED rope lights at cabelas and several guys have stated here they use them with good success also.

I've tried the 12v light bulb and vex batt. The light bulb is too brittle to take care of and didn't give off enough light for long enough peroid. IMO. Got a dewalt 18volt shop light with built in hook, very durable, and the charge last at least 6 hours with the same brightness. And recharge those batteries as many times as you want. Gas lanterns are the worst. Everything on those are meant to break. I just look for simple solutions that last.