• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some kinda photo junkie??

i sold a lens on hsolist the other day,after reviewing the feedback of the buyer,i clicked on the item numbers to see what else they had been buying. wow,this person is just plain photo crazy or something.

since october this person bought:

mark 1d for $5600

5d for $4500

numerous 100-400 is l's

2-300 l's

3-70-200 is l's

2-600 l's

plus dozens of other canon high end cameras,lenses/accs. too numerous to mention. i thought maybe it was a dealer,but they were not great deals. not cheap enough to make any money by re-selling.

i added up a little over $45,000 on camera stuff in just over 2 months!

and i didn't even look thru all of it!! probably 30-40 other items!!

this is one serious dude!! or a complete nut. maybe buying for a school or something???

It's probably someone speculating in the market, buying and hoping to sell at higher prices. hsolist is tremendously a seller's market. I've seen many, many used items sold for more on hsolist, not including shipping charges, than you could buy them for new on sale. Happens all across the board.

At the prices you mention, however, I reckon this person ain't making a profit. And if he's buying for a school, the school is losing BIG TIME.

There is no Canon Mark 1D. If it's a Canon 1D, then he got totally shafted at $5,600. If it's a Canon 1D Mark2, he got totally shafted. If it's a Canon 1D Mark2n, he got totally shafted. If it's a Canon 1Ds, he got totally shafted. If it's a Canon 1Ds Mark2 (in excellent shape) he did OK.

He also got totally shafted on the Canon 5D.

Well, there's no such thing as a "eos-1 mark 2d" either. But if it's a 1D Mark2, even with a couple cheap lenses, he got taken royally. Does it list the megapixel count anywhere? That'd separate the sheep from the goats and help us figure out which model we're talking about. Not that it matters much. Just fun to figure out.

The only 16.7 Mp dslr Canon makes is the 1Ds Mark2. It is currently selling for $6,800 new. If he got it and a couple junk lenses for $5,600, it's potentially a good deal (the junk lenses don't figure in — they are junk), depending on how many shutter actuations the body has (it's rated to 100,000) and what general condition it's in.